If you have a server from the OHV datacenter server provider company, they do not provide a direct root login password. You need to login to your SSH with the following account first and then set your root password.
- Login to your servers SSH by using the username centos and the password (you have received from your provider OHV company in the welcome email) by using the program putty from the port 22
- Run the following command to become a root user
- Now you are a root user, run the following command to set your root password
It will ask you a new password to set for the root user twice, keep this password safe somewhere on your computer.
* You can now login to your root SSH directly with the username root and with your root password without the centos user. Install the SonicPanel, by following the instructions on this page https://kb.sonicpanel.com/article.php?id=7
* Your SonicPanel root login is using the same password of your servers root password always. So if you change your root password, your SonicPanel detects it automatically and you need to use your new password to login to SonicPanel root.